Friday, February 27

ABDC Dance Fever

For the past 7 weeks, my Thursday nights have consisted of me going to the gym, coming home, eating, and staying up until 10pm to then torture my tolerant husband for an hour by watching one of the VERY FEW awesome shows ever created by MTV... ABDC, also known as (Randy Jackson Presents) America's Best Dance Crew.

This show touches on a passion of mine that I wish I had the time, money, and talent to indulge myself in: hip hop dancing. The beats, the sly moves, the attitude...overload!!!

So all season long I was a big proponent of two main crews: Beat Freaks and Strykers All-Stars. Beat Freaks is an all female breaking crew who have OWNED the dance floor consistently every single week by showing that "anything boys can do, girls can do better" (musical reference). Strykers All-Stars are an A-Typical step group from Florida A&T University who's rock bodies, tough attitudes, and stomp-like beats really got my attention. Needless to say, both crews were consistent in their creative and dynamic performances. That is, until this week...

Quest Crew, a "wild card" group for me, danced out last night and even had Scott saying, "wow...that was pretty good". So I've included the dance performance from last night below so you might have the same "jaw-dropping" experience (humor me!)...



So, needless to say....my hip-hop loving heart is torn. No matter who wins on next week's finale (which I will definitely be posting on) they will have deserved it. This year is the first year I feel both crews have EARNED their right to be on stage....REPRESENT

from jessie (in da hood)....with love

No comments:

Post a Comment