Thursday, October 22

Apple Pie in a Pinch

Scott has been working REALLY HARD studying for his first sememster as a full time student and I wanted to do something to brighten up his evening on Tuesday... so I made Apple Pie!

Now like most of my readers out there, I am a BUSY lady (see Monday's post), but I refuse to let that stop my from induldging my inner baking bug every once in a while. While perusing my "notebook-o-printed-out-internet-recipes", I happened upon "Busy Day Apple Pie". This recipe was originally posted by Amber of the late myaimistrue.com, so I will share it with you now....

Apple Pie in a Pinch
1 premade deep dish pie crust
3-5 apples, chopped in pieces or sliced thin
3/4 stick of butter, softened
1 cup Bisquick
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Preheat oven at 350. Place chopped/sliced apples in a pie crust (feel free to leave the skin on, it's still YUMMY and the color is lovely). In a large bowl, cut together the remaing ingredients until crumbly. Place on top of apples in crust, covering it as best you can. Bake 45 min- 1 hour until top is browned. Remove, cool, eat!


Yeah, that simple. Scott approves and I WILL be making this again!

from jessie (as american as fast food and apple pie)... with love 


1 comment:

  1. That pie seems to good to be true! Maybe I will give it a try!

    ReplyDelete