Monday, October 19

sore

One of the WONDERFUL opportunities I'm afforded as a volunteer at WEC (Water's Edge Church) is working on the Production Team for our kids programs. This past weekend was my second time fulfilling the roll of "Host" in Kid Kraze (our elementary age program). During my time as the host, I get to be GOOFY, LOUD, DRAMATIC, and HYPER. Not that I don't normally try to fulfill these roles in my daily life, but when living them out on stage, I seriously amp it up! Add into this the singing and dancing that comes along with the praise and worship songs AND the 4 times a day (not including run through) that I "perform" this... and I have a justifiable reason to be tired. Not only tired, but sore! My legs are NOT moving normally today and it's because I gave SO MUCH of myself to Kid Kraze yesterday.

Don't get me wrong, I have NO PROBLEM with being sore for a couple of days over the reality that I helped deliver a very important message to lots of kids on Sunday; but the fact remains that I'm sore because I danced, and jumped, and fell way more than I do on a normal basis. This got me thinking... What was the last non-gym/workout related thing you did that made you REALLY sore? Do share (miserable muscles love company)!

from jessie (leg locked)... with love 


BONUS EXTRA: Thanks to KEVIN (thanks Kevin!) we have video footage of my dramatic death scene as Dorcas on Sunday. WARNING: HIGH PITCHED VOICE and BLURRY, BLINDING FOOTAGE AHEAD! 


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your performance! And I always feel sore on Tuesday nights after community group. It is my BIG cleaning day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FANTASTIC!!! I wish I had seen it in person! You are amazing :)

    ReplyDelete