Friday, January 22

murder mystery party

Have you ever been involved in or hosted a Murder Mystery Party? I have not and am a little curious as to how one would "go down" in my group of friends. Spring is on its way which means A LOT of birthdays are soon to follow... including mine and Scott's! Last year, for my 25th Birthday, Scott organized and planned (along with my good friends Katie and Krystal) what I would deem my best birthday ever. So the question arose last night (as I thought towards the future), "What now? What would make for another memorable birthday?"

Amongst other ideas, the concept of a murder mystery party arose. There are A LOT of websites out there that sell the party planning kits, and I've played with the idea before, but I feel the success of this type of party rests on the friends you invite. 

Perhaps I'll give it a try this year (or in a year soon to come). What are your thoughts/takes on this party theme?

from jessie (investigating the perfect party theme)... with love 

2 comments:

  1. These parties are so much fun! We did and 80's themed high school reunion one with our CG last year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did a murder mystery party for my 26th, and it was awesome! I wish I had spent more time hammering out details and had a wide open space for everyone to interact, but everyone had a great time! We're thinking of trying to do one at church this summer.

    ReplyDelete