Friday, January 29

Crockpot

Out of all the things Scott and I included on our wedding registry about two years ago, a crock-pot failed to make this list. I realize this is a wedding gift staple but I just wasn't sure we had enough room to store one in our apartment. Well... in the months following the wedding I regretted not asking for one and thankfully my husband realized this and bought me one for Christmas (he listens so well!). 

I'm happy to announce that I've put it to work about 4 times since the holidays and discovered two very yummy recipes in the process. I will share them with you now!!!
  • Spicy Black Bean Soup - This recipe is such as tasty treat! Especially delicious with a sprinkle of cheddar cheese and a dollop of daisy (sour cream that is!). I followed the suggestion to puree half the soup and mix it back in before eating. The consistency is much more authentic this way! 
  • Chicken Taco Soup - also very tasty (or else I wouldn't be sharing it with you!). I followed more than one suggestion on here and added several spices, some tomatoes, and perhaps some more jalepenoes to the mix. In the end it was perfection! Adding a bit of rice and a dollop of sour cream (yes...again) before eating is a nice way to amp it up! 
Give them a try, tell me what you think, and feel free to guide me in the direction of some of your favorite crock-pot recipes. 

from jessie (cookin crock-pot cuisine)... with love 

No comments:

Post a Comment