Monday, March 15

rug renovation

Since moving into the new apartment, our feet have REALLY missed the carpeting in the old apartment. Our feet just don't like the "fake-wood-laminate" floor feel. Thankfully, our tax returns this year provided us the opportunity to purchase an area rug for the living room space. I searched online and found a few really fantastic options at Target. We had settled ourselves on this one or this one, but the mixed reviews from previous buyers really had me hesitating despite the fact that I LOVED the design (especially of the second one). 

THANK GOODNESS for hesitation! During an impromptu trip to Lowes this past Sunday, I passively suggested we check out their rug selection. It took all of two seconds to spot the rug I had pictured in my mind, check the price (RIGHT in our range), and haul it over my shoulder (who needs a cart?!) to the front. (side note: Scott said he'd carry it for me about 5 times, probably more, but I was just TOO DARN EXCITED to let it out of my hands)

So here's the empty, "non-foot-friendly" living area before ::
(pardon the "post-party, pre-spring-cleaning" mess) 


and the complete, "soooo-foot-cozy" living area after::


from jessie (snug on my rug)... with love 


3 comments:

  1. The rug and room look great. It happens that I have that same pattern but on lampshades that I purchased at Home Goods. Small world. I don't like match-matchy things so I wouldn't buy both but I love the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That rug is so pretty... I love it!

    ReplyDelete