Wednesday, February 10

Jem


You remember the cartoon Jem from the 80's (early 90's?)? This blog post is not about her (even though she is in the running for my 2010 halloween costume line-up).

No, this post is about the real life songstress Jem. I came across her website when googling the afore mentioned Jem; and how happy I was to have stumbled upon her! A few moments of listening solidified in my mind that her CD was a must have (and it takes some serious liking or me to purchase an entire album from someone). One reviewer deemed her music "folktronica"... and even though that term seems to have nasty connotations (electonica, really?!), if it describes her music.... label me a folktronica fan!!! Check out Jem's Site and take a listen for yourself. 

from jessie (jammin to Jem)... with love 

1 comment:

  1. As a dude it's hard to admit that I used to watch Jem. It came on right before G.I. Joe and back then I only had 4 channels. Watching cartoons was what I did so I watched. Thanks for taking me down memory lane.

    ReplyDelete