Saturday, November 14

for the LOVE of PUMPKIN!


I was recently invited to an intimate evening of fellowship and worship by my good friends the Bethany and Phil. At this lovely function, we shared food, because really... what gathering is complete until food is involved? One of the dishes I tasted (read: stuffed my face with) while there was a "Pumpkin Desert". Imagine the pumpkin version of "dump cake". SOOOOO yummy. Before we left, I declared that I HAD to have this recipe... and because the people we associate with are so lovely, my request was fulfilled. 

Although I have not yet made it for myself, I've experienced it and wanted to share this PUMPKIN DELIGHT with you! 

Dump Cake: Pumpkin Style

1 15oz can pumpkin
1 12oz can evaporated milk
3 eggs
1 cup sugar
3-4 tsp pumpkin spice or cinnamon
1 box yellow cake mix
3/4 cup of butter

Mix together the first 5 ingredients and pour into a greased 9 x 13 inch pan. Sprinkle the dry yellow cake mix over the top. Melt the butter and pour over the top of cake mix. Bake at 350 for 1 hour. Consume and be happy!

from jessie (pumpkin head)... with love 




No comments:

Post a Comment