Monday, August 24

ABDC date night:: Week 2

We don't have MTV at the new apt. This normally wouldn't bother me because they are ALL ABOUT false advertising (music television?! please?!)... but it also means I don't get to watch ABDC! Thankfully, sis-in-law extrodianre, MEGAN, came to the rescue and started recording it on her DVR for me. Now we have an official ABDC Date Night (as I've so lovingly termed it) on Monday nights to share quality time together and watch my FAVORITE show. 

What's all the hype about you ask? Well, I answer: AWESOME DANCING! I guess the show is like "So You Think You Can Dance", but instead of induvidual contestants there are "crews", and instead of a "professional variety" of dance styles you get awesome variations/interpretations of hip-hop! That's what I'm talking about.

I'd already determined two of my "must watch" crews during the first week. The first was Artistry in Motion. The awesome thing about these women is that they tried to get gigs and establish a professional dancing career but were turned down because they didn't "look the part", be they too short, too wide, or too unique. This reason alone would have had me backing them, but I really loved the stories they told with their dances. Check out the dance they choreographed for the Beyonce challenge:


SUPER unfortuanatly they got kicked off last week.  An over-sexualized group who's dance involving "bumping and grinding" in all kinds of unexpected places won over the judges insead. BOOO!

The other "must watch crew" you ask?! Vouge Evolution! Just watch and then I'll explain.


They are an all gay crew from New York City who did/do underground dance/runway battles! Is that NOT something straight out of the movies?! You can't HELP but watch. And DID you see that girl snap her hair and head in ways that would have sent me STRAIGHT to the ER?!

So now we are OFF to meg and drew's to commence ABDC date night and I will be back tomorrow with another update!

from jessie (your ABDC correspondent)... with love 


2 comments:

  1. OK, so I have watched 1 episode of the show sine I have been hearing you talk about it... AND... I am not in love with it. It is okay, it is entertaining, but I think that the dancers from So You Think You can Dance have more talent. I am NOT a professional, I have no REAL knowledge or experience or credentials to claim that... but it is my opinion. I am going to continue to watch it... We shall see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bethany, thanks for your opinion. I have to say out of the THREE other seasons they've had of this show, this is the saddest yet. No one has really stepped up and done anything WOW worthy. It saddens me because I wanna love this season as much as I've loved the past ones. Thanks for giving it a chance and being HONEST! <3

    ReplyDelete