Tuesday, August 11

AC adventures

If you are my "facebook friend" you already know that Scott and I had quite a night last night... here's the short and long of it:

The AC in our apartment has been an ONGOING problem. It makes the weirdest of sounds on and off, and for the past 6-9 months Scott has consistently called in the complaint to the office. Everyone once in awhile it would cut out, only to come back on again when the repair men finally came by. They replaced our circuit breaker and control panel, but never really looked at the main problem (I feel like Rob did a post about this exact topic... hm). So, sometime yesterday, the AC finally gave up it's life. Scott called the office and was told that maintenance would be on it soon. 

When maintenance finally came by, Scott had left to go try out his new drum set in a secure, noise friendly location (his parents vacant house in Hampton) leaving me to manage the problem (uhoh!). The VERY NICE head maintenance guy confirmed what we knew, and declared the compressor the problem. He reassured me they'd be by FIRST THING in the morning to replace the entire unit. I figured we'd tough it out, because frankly, I'd delt with it being out all day and figured one night of sleeping with no AC wouldn't kill me; Scott came home around 10:30 and had a different opinion...

My husband was DRENCHED with sweat and quite moody because hot, sweaty scott= grumpy scott (and to be fair, I hadn't been in the best of moods either). I really should have known this would be the scenario because living in our apt is like living in an ice box, and asking him to sleep in a warming oven for the night was OUT OF THE QUESTION! In the "heat" of the moment (HA!) we tried to come up with a plan. Scott called maintenance once again asking for a window unit, I tried to think of friends that had spare room that wouldn't mind being bugged at 10:30 at night, and I protested the idea of spending money to stay in a hotel...

So we stayed in a hotel. Best Western of Newport News to be exact. It all turned out to be quite nice; we were checked in by a very concerned concierge and slept in a king size bed... did I mention we got to eat WAFFLES for breakfast?! 

So now, I am back in my apartment, AC has been fixed, and I am awaiting complete cool down once again. Welcome back to the ice box!

from jessie (warm up and cool down)... with love


Special thanks to Monica (not a stalker) and Rob as well as Kim G., and even Megan, for offering their respective pads to us! We'll remember you next time around (which hopefully will NOT happen any time soon)! Love being blessed with such caring people in our lives! 

1 comment:

  1. I am with Scott.... Sweaty, hot Bethany=Grumpy Bethany! I HATE to be hot! Glad you all slept well! Next time, call us, I know you are dying to sleep on Addy Lin's trundle bed, haha! Kidding, of course!

    ReplyDelete