Saturday, August 22

The long and short of it


So one of my first projects in the new craft corner yesterday was to hem a fun little dress I found at T.J. Max during some retail therapy the other day. I haven't made a lot of clothing purchases lately because my focus has been on items for the apartment, but I just couldn't pass this one up. What's NOT to love about a sun dress?! It's causal, cute, and dressy without being TOO over the top. 

So if you look at the first picture you can see the problem with the dress "as is" (or "as was"): it ended in a very odd spot. For ONCE I was too tall to make the dress work in it's given state. So what's a seamstress to do?! HEM IT UP BABY! Two layers of tucking and sewing later and it was the perfect "cocktail dress" length. Love?!

Being able to tackle simple issues like this in clothing is a major perk of knowing how to work a sewing machine! 

from jessie (awkward to adorable)... with love 

1 comment: