Friday, August 7

shiny happy people

While Scott and I were driving in the car the other day he remarked to me, "You know I was thinking, we don't have a lot of happy people in our lives right now." To which I responded, "That's silly, we have lots of happy people around us like..." at which point I had to pause and reflect, who ARE these people "in our lives" and how happy are they currently? I took a moment to ponder the answer to both these inquires.  

When it came down to it, I did have a difficult time naming the people in our lives who were happy. This is not to say that Scott and I surround ourselves with drab, moppy (sp?), woe-is-me type induviduals; on the contrary, I like to think we surround ourselves with a well rounded assortment of wonderful induviduals. It just so happens, that at this current moment in time, those induviduals are not experiencing/exuding much happiness... let alone joy (the lasting type of happiness that comes as a gift from God).  

All this to say that we made a point at that moment to stop and THANK the individuals who have shone their "happy light" (if you will) into our lives. Yes we freaked Katie out with our text (she thought scott was depressed) and I didn't alert Bethany P.right away (because I wanted to call her out for the wonderful person she is on the world wide web-o-sphere), or Kim T for that matter (cupcakes!), but I am making it a point to let them know how much their "light" has brightened my current world. 

Take a moment today and thank those individuals who are shining their "happy beams" into your life! And perhaps reflect on how YOU can be that person for someone else!

from jessie (shine a light and let the whole world see)... with love 



4 comments:

  1. Good post. You and Scott are two very happy people and you bring a lot to Waters Edge. I'm glad you guys are there. You both have a light about you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Jessie Minter, I just love you! You are precious. THANK YOU for all encouragement and kind words! You are a happy person in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what up beam?

    you is friendly and i lub u...

    see you tomorrow friend.

    thanks for being my Jess Bess Happy Beam - you're the best xoxo

    ReplyDelete