Wednesday, July 8

After The Gorge, the boys took us to one of the MANY mine pits near Grand Rapids to do some PIT JUMPING! Jackie (my sister) and I were lucky enough to have gone pit jumping during our last visit to Minnesota. I talked it up big time to Scott, so he was insistent upon going. We took a short trail down to the mine pit, climbed a few hills (with the help of a rope), dodged a few branches, and arrived. 


Despite having been there before, I was still dumbfounded at the clear aqua-blue water. The pit is hundreds of feet deep, so the bottom never gets stirred up enough to muck-up the water. After a few gasps at the scenery, it was immediately evident how popular this particular spot had become since our last visit. There was carpet lining the "run way" along with a dock and set of stairs to aid the climb once in the pit (last time my feet were stained red from climbing up the iron ore side to get back up to the the jump off point... i approve of the upgrades!). 

The water at the pit was even colder than at The Gorge and I thank Toffer and Jackie who fearlesslesly jumped in first to discover this! I hadn't planned on jumping, but after watching everyone else, I couldn't resist. Scott documented for your viewing (read laughing) pleasure. 


Everyone continued to make jumps of the pit ledge, which got progressivly more creative. A few of the guys did cannon balls, Jeremy did a combination dive/face-plant, and Scott and I tandem jumped. Check out (from left to right) Nick, Toffer, Jackie, and Jeremy as they made a SPLASH!


It was breath-taking, awe-inspiring, and just as exhilarating the second time around! We momentarily contemplated making our way to the 30 foot jump spot, but decided not to due to time (MUCH to Scott's dismay). I guess we have a date with destiny next time we visit!

from jessie (jump on in)... with love 

3 comments:

  1. Eric BartaJuly 08, 2009

    Sweet! You are now part Iron Ranger don't-cha-know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! I love it! Thanks Eric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I want to jump! Looks like tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete