Thursday, July 30

habit forming

My marriage is a picture perfect example of how opposites attract! Because we are opposites, we each have habits (both good and bad) that differ from each other. 

Now, upon careful reflection, I'm CERTAIN there are good habits that we have influenced in one another. However, the other day, I realized (like a slap in the face) that I've picked up a HORRIBLE habit that my WONDERFUL husband displays: cluttering! Cluttering includes, but is not limited to, the following: making piles, leaving dishes unattended in the sink for long periods of time, not returning things to their rightful spots. I'm not perfect (I"ll be the first to admit that) but I prided myself for a LONG time on being neat. When things would get out of order, I'd quickly swoop into action and make them right again. Lately however, the stress of cleaning up after two people has caused me to stop trying as hard. It's one thing to pick up after yourself knowing that its YOUR good habit that's being perpetuated; it's another thing to clean up after yourself and another person who doesn't necessarily conform to the same "tidy" ideals. 

Don't get me wrong, I don't hold it against Scott that he doesn't have the natural inclination to get up and clean, but it definitely makes things a little more difficult on my end! I want to commend him, because when I agree to humble myself and ASK for help, he's right there. But in the realm of cleaning it's SCOTT'S BAD HABITS:1 and JESSIE'S GOOD HABITS:0 . 

So think to yourself... what habits (good or bad) have I been influenced into thanks to the one I live with?! Just wondering. 

from (messie) jessie... with love 



No comments:

Post a Comment