Tuesday, July 28

Berry Body


Thought I would share a fun little stop with you that Scott and I visited yesterday. 

After visiting County Grill in Yorktown a while back I mentioned to Scott that there was a frozen yogurt shop in the same shopping center. This comment peaked his interest for one very special reason... ((flashback)) Where Scott and I used to live in Hampton, there was this lovely little mom and pop shop called Yogurt International. Scott has fond memories of summer visits, eating chocolate-vanilla frozen yogurt swirl. I have fond memories of walking over there with my older cousin Adam and having him buy my sister and I cones of frozen yogurt! Around the end of eighth grade year, Yogurt International closed down, McDonald's went up next door, and the shop was abandoned until SEVERAL years later when it became a Dairy Queen ((but that's another story)). Scott has been reminiscing ever since about how yummy and how good the yogurt was and what he wouldn't give for another delicious swirl cone of chocolate and vanilla. This explained the twinkle in his eye when I mentioned the frozen yogurt so close to us in good old Yorktown! 

Last night was our first chance to make a stop at Berrybody... the much anticipated frozen yogurt stop. I will be honest and say it was NOTHING like what Scott was expecting. The frozen yogurt was delicious, but it was NOT the sugar filled chocolately-vanilla goodness my husband remembered from yogurt international. The frozen yogurt at Berrybody is literally FROZEN yogurt... it defiantly carries that same tangy tart taste. From what I gathered (this being our first time and all) there are three flavors made for the day and several varied fresh and natural toppings to choose from. Yesterday's flavors were original tart, green tea, and strawberry (although we were promised that they do make chocolate fairly regularly). 


I got the strawberry with FRESH strawberry, mango, and kiwi pieces (I looked prettier before I took this picture and several bites!). Scott opted for the strawberry-original tart swirl with fresh strawberries, sprinkles, and chocolate chips. Despite the fact that it was definitely "different" than yogurt international, I think we both enjoyed it (I know I did). Part of me couldn't help but thinking that they were modeled after the acclaimed "PinkBerry"... but I've only ever seen that on commercials and I'm taking a wild guess. 

Yummy, simple, goodness.... I recommend Berrybody if you're looking for something refreshing and naturally sweet this summer! 

from jessie (berry pleased)... with love 


1 comment: