Wednesday, June 24

fabulous at doing freaky

As of yesterday I've been hit with the knowledge that Tim Burton is currently making his version of Louis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland. HECK YAH! I first heard the news briefly mentioned on a radio program, brought it up later that night to Scott and we searched for pictures online (with little avail). Lo and behold, today the wonderful Bethany posted a link on Facebook to the yahoo article found here which shared some of the fabulously freaky characters.

No one does fabulously freaky as well as Johnny Depp! I think that's the real reason Tim Burton uses him in so many films. This movie will be NO exception. Johnny (yes... we are on a first name basis) looks completely mad and strung out in the preview pic for the movie. I have complete faith that he will rock this role.

Seriously!? I have to say I was equally as excited to read and discover that Alan Rickman is playing the caterpillar. I'm a fan first and foremost because he plays the perfect Snape in the Harry Potter series, so any other weird role he plays on top of that is BONUS! Needless to say, I'm super excited that I have another movie to look forward to after Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince comes out on July 15! HOORAH!

from jessie (in blogland)... with love

3 comments:

  1. i love alan rickman - all the way back to robin hood: prince of thieves and sense & sensibility...gotta go see this movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am super excited about the movie! When I saw the pictures, I got so amped about it! Helena Bonham Carter is AMAZING too! She will make an excellent Red Queen! Thanks for giving me a shout out! Love you, Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy momma's macaroni.... I cannot wait until this movie comes out... !! And you totally are right about Alan Rickman. I think a midnight viewing of the movie when it comes out is in order... are you with me???

    ReplyDelete