Tuesday, June 30

the 80's called... they want their fish back

Short update from Minnesota for all you staying tuned. Sunday was the BIG family reunion where we were all to wear our "hawaiian shirts" and celebrate Grandpa B's Birthday. Desipte the chill and wind outside, we pulled off a wonderful celebration for Grandpa and caught up with alot of family members that we hadn't seen in a LONG time!

Yesterday was a slow day of recovering from all the party hoopla on Sunday. We took time out in the evening to do some fishing on Swan Lake (one of the 10,000 or so lakes here in Minnesota). The weather over the past couple of days has taken a turn for the worst, and although my husband is MORE than happy with the cool fall-like temps, I'm seriously lacking my vitamin D intake (where did you go sun?!) and freezing my booty off on top of it! Our fearless Capt. Jeremy took mom, dad, jackie, scott, and I out on the pontoon boat and together we braved the choppy waters, rain, and wind in an attempt to catch some fish. After two hours or so, the only ones to come out lucky were mom (who caught two northern's) and jackie (who caught a rock bass at the last minute). Despite my flashy 80's garb, I was unsucessful at catching any fish. So sad, but today after lunch at Tuffy's, I will FISH ON and CONQUER!!!

Mommy with one of her TWO catches of the evening

from jessie (fishless)... with love

2 comments:

  1. Good times. When do you come back?

    ReplyDelete
  2. we will be leaving here on sunday, late though. I'm enjoying vacation, but i'm missing the warmth of ol'VA

    ReplyDelete