Saturday, June 13

FICTIONARY TERMS

Haven't done one of these in awhile, figured I'm overdue. 

fourthies- (noun) derived from the term "homies" which is used to describe close friends in an urban setting; this derivation of the term describes coworkers on a "fourth grade" team at a school (related terms: firsties, thirdies, fifthies, etc.) 

fantastic-rastic - (verb) yet another word to describe something so fantastic  that the single word fantastic is just not enough

The afore mentioned word was a staple on our home answering machine (what was my mother THINKING letting me record that message?! hehehe). Old people and business coworkers of my parents used to get so confused at the phrase: Have a FANTASTIC-RASTIC DAY!

from jessie (word worm)... with love 

3 comments:

  1. Funny stuff. I think fictionary terms is fantastic-rastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, fantastic-rastic...i feel like i should call the old barta number just to see if I can still hear it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be "fourthie."

    ReplyDelete