Sunday, June 21

A Father's Day Acrostic

How do you say "thank you" and "i love you" to the man who helped make and raise you?! One way is with a gift, possibly a card; however I will choose to voice my admiration for my dad today in a Father's Day Acrostic.

F is for the Funny lines you used to add into books in the middle of bedtime stories, 
A is for the Air Force in which you served and protected your family (and nation),
T is for the Truck named "TinMan" in which you taught me to drive (and allowed me to borrow),
H is for Hatteras where you tried to bestow the love of fishing in me (I did get a nice tan),
E is for Ethics and morals that you've ingrained in me,
R is for Ryobi and the other power tools you taught me how to use!!!! (ARGH ARGH ARGH)

I heard a line once that anyone can be a father, but it takes a REAL MAN to be a Dad, and for that I give you this...

D is for the days of my life that you made possible, 
A is for all the times you've been there,
D is for the devotion you shown in being a REAL MAN 

Happy Father's Dad to my dad and all the dad's that have made a difference in my life (Daddy Minter, Grandpa B, Uncle Douglas, Grandpa Schuler). I would not be the woman I am today without the gifts each of you have bestowed upon me. 

from jessie (raisin' the roof for dad)... with love 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks sweetie. I love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. daddy.... i'm so proud you left a comment!

    KUDOS!

    ReplyDelete