Friday, June 5

Pippi Longstocking

Now this name might be familiar, but does anyone remember the late 1980's movie rendition of this lovely fictional character's tale? 
I watched an episode of Gilmore Girls a few months back and Rorry (sp?) and Lauralie (again...sp?) were watching the old school black and white version of this movie and it got my memories flowing ::flashback:: 2nd grade me sitting in the spare room above the garage watching disney daytime and the song begins... 
Pippi Longstocking, coming into your world. 
A freckled faced red head girl you ought to know
the one who's fun to be around!
Or something like that. Looking back it was horribly acted, yet wildly entertaining. I share all of this because I just purchased it off Amazon (for $7.00 NEW) to entertain my students with during these last days of school (CHEER!). I haven't watched it since I was a child, and I'm hopping it's as horribly-good as I remember.

from jessie (no stockings)... with love

2 comments:

  1. I remember that. As a youngster I would watch it on the Disney Channel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that movie! Check it out...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucbcfmxEN5c

    ReplyDelete