Saturday, June 6

TIN MAN

A special man celebrated his special day yesterday, and that man was my DADDY! In honor of his birthday I would like to celebrate some of the many things that make him special:
  • His affinity for peas and cream of chicken soup! When mom was away he used to put peas in our mac and cheese along with hot dogs. The cream of chicken came in handy when he invented the infamous "gut filler noodles", which ALSO included peas. 
  • He is an EXTREMELY talented craftsman. I think he burnt himself out on using this skill a few years ago, but he's a great teacher whenever you need guidance on a project. We made the coffee table that sits in my apartment together.
  • He has the BEST taste in B-Rated movies! God Bless him and mom for keeping some bad zombie actress in business all these years. 
  • Coors Light... aka the silver bullet
  • His strong, quiet love. Dad doesn't say much, but when times get tough, he's always there to let you know how much you are loved!
  • His humor. It's unique and indescribable, but I think it has something to do with his origins in the Barta family and his association with the Schuler clan. For example, every day is opposites day. "Word up" becomes "syllable down" and "Yo Dog" becomes "Hey Cat" (or something like that). 
  • we also share a favorite color... green! 
My daddy is a special man and I wish him many years of happiness!!! He sure knows how to make me smile. 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY!
I LOVE YOU!

from jessie (celebrating you daddy-o)... with love

No comments:

Post a Comment