Saturday, June 27

Minnesota Brain Dump

SOOOOOO many randomly fun things have happened since arriving in Minnesota, the only way I can think to share it all with you is through a brain dump (thanks Robshep.com for the idea).
  • our flight out of Richmond was delayed because our putter plane (for a THREE HOUR TRIP mind you) was overweight. I immediatly felt guitly for packing the extra pair of shoes and jean skirt. note: my bag was only 27 lbs, way under the 40 lb limit.
  • our 3 hr plane ride smelled like onions and B.O.(ewwwww) Not to mention the lady sitting beside me was a bit persnickity (boooo)
  • our uncle ricky, aunt jody, grandpa b, and mrs. marion ALL were at the two terminal airport to greet us with hawaiian AND finlander leis. note: the finlander leis are really just mardi-gras beads
  • Minnesota is beautiful (I've heard it's "God's Country"). I can be happy here with no ocean nearby because it is the land of 10,000 lakes. GO WATER!
  • Everytime Scott see's a bald eagle he comments: that is so bad a**! (this MIGHT become a t-shirt later)
  • Jackie (sis) caught this year's FIRST walleye off Uncle Vic's dock. This is a big deal and she deserves props.
  • I have yet to catch a fish (updates WILL happen when I do!)
  • "bars" are the minnesota equivalent of "cookies". They have been ABUNDANT and I HOPE my dentist doesn't hate me when I get home.

So that's the wrap up for now! Tommorrow and the days to follow will present even more fun "brain dump" material, so STAY TUNED!

from jessie (south to north)... with love

pictures will come, but might have to wait unitl I get home... we'll see

4 comments:

  1. Glad you are safe and having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw yay! i'm so happy to see a post!

    miss you guys a lot this weekend but i'm so glad you're having a good time. congrats to jackie on the catch - i guess the fish are attracted to her tatoo!

    love you!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is so bad a#$!!!! I miss you guys.....

    ReplyDelete