Thursday, May 28

Influencing Young Minds

I got a tattoo on my foot for my birthday. It's a significant tattoo and is quite noticeable as long as I'm wearing flats or sandals. I made no announcement to my students as to my recent addition nor made a show of it, but gradually they noticed. They asked about it and casually I answered, "Yep... now hurry up to the library!" 

Today one of my female students celebrated her birthday. Her and her mom purchased a "treasure box" of party favors to share with the class. The box contained stickers, necklaces, candy, figurines, and various other goodies.

Connection? One of my most beloved students (whom I've had in my class for two years and whose mom is a Kindergarten teacher at my school) walked up to me in the office after school and called my attention to her foot. "Mrs. Minter... LOOK!" My little darling student had placed one of the temporary flower tattoos on her foot exactly where I have mine. 

WOW! 

from jessie (rebel teacher)... with love 


1 comment:

  1. You're such an influencer and that's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete