Sunday, May 3

2 Birthday Surprises and a Wedding

As if Scott's plan to hijack me from school on Wednesday wasn't surprise enough, this weekend presented two more surprise opportunities to kick off my 25th year of life! 

On Friday (after a HANOUS day at school), Scott and I went out to a planned birthday dinner at Hiyashi in City Center. We both ate our share of sushi and the yummiest asian salads I've ever tasted. Earlier in the evening Scott had presented me with a Walgreens bag containing a "mystery" object and it was only after dinner that I found out what it was.... a sleep-mask!!! I was quickly required to don the mask as Scott proceeded to drive us out of Newport News to a mystery location. 

After a lengthy drive and a few paranoid ramblings from yours truly, I took the mask off and found myself in Norfolk across from Waterside. My second birthday surprise turned out to be an evening at Jillian's (barcade) with friends and family!!! We played a round of pool, I opened a few great gifts, and we proceeded to the game room! Everyone's competitive, crazy side came out which resulted in lots of fun memories and tons of tickets! Katie's boyfriend Jake took the cake with his gaming abilities (later, we all agreed he's not aloud to go to Vegas for his own well being). Let's just say, the night was awesome and I loved the time with friends and family!


After a good nights sleep, I was required to get dressed and be ready for my final birthday surprise at 10:15.  Krystal and Katie came to pick me up and after a McDonalds stop for some McCafe (we were in a RUSH okay?!) we drove off to New Town. My two bests had planned a manicure/pedicure spa appointment for the three of us. It was SOOOO relaxing and truly a wonderful surprise. We topped off our time together with Old Navy (for flip flops of course) and lunch at a street side grill. I really have the most lovely, thoughtful, and caring people in my life! 


My time with the girls was cut short because Scott and I were scheduled to be at my cousin's wedding at 5 in Gloucester. To make a long story short, we left 1 hr and 15 mins early and arrived at the church just in time to hand off our umbrella to the exiting bride and groom. Turns out we drove 10-15 miles past our turn before we realized something was wrong. At least we made it to the reception site on time. The evening was defiantly an event to remember, with specific mention to the following moments: mom getting down on the dance floor, the groomsmen's special dance dedication to "jump on it"(?), Uncle Dave grabbing the mike and singing 80's hair band style, and of course dancing with my husband. 


This weekend was a whirlwind of activity! Lots of celebrating with family and friends. Thank goodness I have Sunday to recuperate!

from jessie (party pooped)... with love

see more pictures from the events above here and here 

3 comments:

  1. If I could I would make everyday this special for you. Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you certainly did have lots of celebrations! So much fun! Happy Happy Birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sad we couldn't make it to Jillian's! Jake was laid up all weekend due to the ol' knee thing... =(. I'm SO SO happy that you had an excellent weekend though!

    ReplyDelete