Monday, May 4

Such a Pretty Fat... Round 2

Tomorrow is the book release date (is the correct terminology?) for my most anticipated book of the summer season: Pretty in Plaid by Jen Lancaster. 
I first feel in love with Jen's writing in a Target isle on a hunt for the perfect beach read. I wanted something light, possibly funny, and all around entertaining to read (isn't that what summer is all about?!). Upon seeing the title Such a Pretty Fat I was sold!!! This was one of those books that literally had me audibly cracking up on a public beach. Upon finishing that book, I quickly ran out to Barnes and Noble and purchased Bright Lights, Big Ass. So... much to my enjoyment, Jen's most recent memoir is due in stores tomorrow. I'm looking forward to more of...

(When Flech, her husband, goes on a business trip and leaves her alone) 
"I need Fletch around to remind me it's not appropriate to eat Lucky Charms three times a day simply because I despise cooking."

and...

(Letter to a squirrel)
"The squirrel- You almost gave Flecher a f-----g heart attack when you popped out of the garbage can and lunged at him a la Christmas vacation. Excuse me, but he has far too much cholesterol in his arteries to sustain that kind of shock. (And I'm too young to be a widow). 

Such wit! Did I mention she uses footnotes in her books?! AWESOME!

from jessie (book worm)... with love 


3 comments:

  1. I AM STOKED!!!! I ordered it off of amazon.com prerelease so it was only about 15 dollars to order it that way! Did I mention that she will be at Barnes & Noble THIS FRIDAY in DC???? It is at 6:30.... I soooo wish I could go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps-- check out her blog at jennsylvania.com it is quite hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read those now! Maybe I will check them out at the library!

    ReplyDelete