Sunday, May 17

Sunday... with a chance of sprinkles


I'm slowly starting to emerge from my grumpy girl state. Thank you to ALL of you who left such wonderful suggestions on how to cure my bad mood-edness. 

Friday was a special day. School was a bit crazy (but what's new?). After dealing with the trauma of watching one of my students angrily chase down a mouthier student of mine and come this close to punching him in the face (despite my loud mouthed "STOP"s and whistle blowing), I was ready for a relaxing evening. We hung out with Megan, Drew, and AJ, too! Meg cooked us tacos and we had a relaxing evening of conversation. 

Saturday daytime was productive. I gave the apartment a much deserved spruce-up and clean-down. My parents then treated Scott and I to dinner at the Whitehouse Restaurant in Providence Forge, VA. The food was delicious, in spite of the lack of service (we should have known, they had a "HELP WANTED ASAP" sign in the window"). 

Sunday however, is turning out to be my favorite day of the entire weekend. Had a relaxing morning taking it slow getting out of bed. Served as a volunteer in KidKraze this morning to hel  Jake out on my unscheduled week. Had a wonderful last Sunday with Waters Edge Church at the YMCA; starting May 31 we will be in our new building (hooray!). After church, Scott and I then proceeded to tag along with best friend Katie to the County Grill and ate up some yummy BBQ with her parents. Now... now I am relaxing at home in my pj pants, long sleeve brew thru shirt, and taking it slllooooooowwwwwww! Thank GOD for days like today (He just seems to know when you really need it). 

from jessie (lounge sleeper)... with love 

1 comment:

  1. Katie-didMay 17, 2009

    i am RIGHT here with you chickadee! So glad you guys got to come out to lunch - I never get enough of hanging out with you!!!

    Love you lots and I'm so glad you are getting some rest and that you don't feel grumpy any more!

    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete