Sunday, May 31

Beach Dayz:: Location Location

Although I live relatively close to the water, I have a handful of locations... (well, one really) that I frequent when it comes to catching some beach rays. But when given the opportunity, there are a few other favorite beach places that I'd like to share with you! 

No. 1 :: Buckroe Beach

Not the most majestic location, but the width of the beach (from "board walk" to water) leaves plenty-a-room for all beach goers to set up camp. Bonus: the further you're willing to walk from the parking lot, the more room you have to spread out! 


No.2 :: Grandview
Last year, I was lucky enough to have my best friend's mom living within walking distance of a small, private-ish stretch of sand and bay. It was a great spot to lay out and catch some rays (but not so much to go swimming in.... very seaweedy!)


No. 3 :: Hatteras, NC
My home away from home and the site of my honeymoon retreat. Getting increasingly more populated (grrrrr) it will always hold a special place in my heart. You can DRIVE ON THE BEACH for goodness sakes (a family tradition in the Barta household)


No. 4 :: Pawley's Island, SC
Haven't been in several years (since Elem. School), but only hold the fondest memories of this place. The waves used to wash the sand in a way that left little "islands" all along the beach. My sister and I would wade across the "rivers" and pretend the mounds of sand were our own! I WILL go back one day soon. 

Those are my four. What are some of YOUR favorite places to frequent when you are beach going? Please share, especially if they're local spots!

from jessie (beaching out)... with love 

3 comments:

  1. Grandview - holla! Yet oddly enough, when i grew up down there, there's still nothing like going to the Outer Banks...um...p.s. where's dog beach? :o)

    Best Jessie beach activity recently observed: Picking up shells and scraping rocks against them while walking similar to filing one's nails.

    Love you - sorry I missed the invite to dinner last night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Yorktown or VA Beach?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My family spends a week every summer in Duck, NC. We get a house on oceanside with a pool and stay the whole week. But the funny thing about us is that we spend most of our time at the pool. We like the beach sounds and sights but would rather be at the pool. We always go one afternoon to make sand castles, let the waves chase our feet, collect shells and look out at the beauty of God's world... BUT we do not LOVE sand. I think sand is one of the most obnoxious creations. So we spend most of the time soaking in the glorious sun at the pool. But we do enjoy walking on the beach in the evenings with our flashlights. We like to look for ghost crabs! So fun!

    ReplyDelete