Tuesday, May 12

offering a bowl full of thanks

When my sister and I were little, it was a REQUIREMENT to sit down the day of (or the day after) we received a gift in the mail and write a Thank You Note to the sender. This task took maybe all of 10 minutes (including the time to look up the address and locate a stamp) but has ingrained in me the importance of letting others know how you feel about their generosity. 

I bring up this subject only because I know I need to send Thank You Notes out for the gifts I received on my birthday (and I'm procrastinating). Specifically, I need to send them out to my grandfather and Scott's grandmother. I feel since I don't talk to these individuals on a daily basis that Thank You cards are even more of a necessity. 

When I receive a Thank You Note it makes me feel special. Not only did that individual thanking me appreciate what I did, they appreciated it enough to take a moment out to write a note and send it to me. Getting hand written mail and personal messages is so special, yet it happens so infrequently any more (e-mail, facebook... I still like you!). 

What about you... do you send Thank You notes? Are they important to you? When was the last time YOU received a thank you note for something you did or gave? Do share!

from jessie (full of thanks)... with love

1 comment:

  1. I know that with Facebook and all of the internet communication, it is hard to remember to actually write thank you notes. I send hand written cards with stickers in them to my WeeWorld class every week. Those kids love checking their mail and getting a note JUST FOR THEM! It makes them feel special! My kids love getting mail too. Birthday invitations and special cards always bless them! Thank you notes are nice, but I never get upset if someone does not send me one! I am always blessed to receive the note, but I would not notice if I did not get one!

    ReplyDelete