Thursday, April 30

SURPRISE ON ME!

Birthdays of the past PALE in comparison to yesterday's Quarter of a Century 25th Birthday Extravaganza! Seriously, I have the best husband ever. He knew how much I was looking forward to this birthday and months ago he began making plans to "pimp my day" (so to speak). So here's the rundown...
  • Scott already summed up his side of the birthday festivities on his blog, so check it out! I just have a few notes to add from my birthday girl perspective. 
  • When the secretary called me down to the office it really FREAKED me out! Normally they tell me why they need me down in the office, however, this time she just said "We need to see you in the office"... that's it. I thought I was in trouble. SO, it was a nice turn of emotions to see my hubby standing in there waiting with TULIPS! They planned it out SO WELL because I didn't even have to make a quick set of lesson plans, it was all taken care of! Playing planned hooky ROCKED!
  • We ate at Chick-fil-a and visited Target (life is swwweeeeeeT).
  • I GOT TATTOOED!!! It hurt like a million little bees stinging my foot and scrapping away with tiny razor blades at the same time. After several weird faces (on my part), the tattoo was finished and I LOVE IT!!! So worth it! note: the phrase "with love" was decided on long before the blog title soooooo, in reality the blog is named after the tattoo not visa versa. 
  • Got to go an a shopping spree afterwards at TARGET (yes, i guess i did visit twice in one day. In my defense, Target is one of my favorite places and it WAS my birthday). 
  • Katie, Megan, and I ended the day of celebration by feasting at Plaza Azteca. I obsessed a bit over remembering our waiter's name (I used it in EVERY sentence when addressing him) but had fun with two of the coolest ladies in my life! Scott joined us for the last half hour after which we called it a night!


All in all, I couldn't have asked for more!!! I loved all the surprises, birthday wishes, and love that was thrown my way. Not to mention I have a permanent reminder of the awesomeness that was my 25th birthday etched on my foot forever!

from jessie (buzzed on birthday goodness)... with love

6 comments:

  1. Well I am glad you enjoyed your day so much! I love your new tattoo! So nice! Looks like a great day! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. um...so i totally zoomed in on the picture of myself (that's right, i admit it) and there's DEFINITELY still some chips in my teeth...but at least i don't look like i care! had so much fun the other night!!!!! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had such a great day...I wish I could have been there! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. i had ssssooooOOOOOOOOOOO much fun!!!! Daniel was the most un mexican mexican waiter I have had at Plaza... and Drew was asking me why we were talking about Land Before Time..... so... how did it come up again? The tequila clouds my mind... haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. we were talking about children's movies due to your confessed amazon addiction. Katie said land before time was her favorite because she liked Sarah's attitude. And hence.... the beginning of the land before time conversation.

    wow, can't believe i remembered that !

    ReplyDelete