Sunday, April 26

"B" is for "WEEKEND"


No, you didn't read that incorrectly (and yes... I am a teacher). The letter B defined this weekend for me. Allow me to expand...

Friday afternoon was the beginning of my weekend escapades. I had one of those days as a teacher that left ready to run from my classroom as soon as school was over! Unfortunately, when I hopped into my car, my battery was dead! Thankfully, I have an amazing husband who talked me though it all. We dropped my car off at the repair shop and came back home. I then got together with one of my best buddies, Krystal, and we bonded over dinner at Chili's and a movie at AMC (side note: we WERE NOT the oldest individuals in the movie theater watching 17 Again). My allergies were really kicking my butt on Friday, so I blew my nose alot during dinner and the movie, but only during loud moments when the sound was masked by the dialogue. 

Saturday started with a nice bit of sleeping in (always welcomed)! After a less than glorious breakfast, Scott and I went to pick up my car, complete with new battery and fresh oil change. Krystal and I got back together to prepare for our trip to the beach. After buying lotion and food stuffs from the grocery store, we waited for our other good friend Katie and headed out towards Fort Monroe. We spend two hours on the beach in the blazing, beautiful sun. Our blotchy burns were less than subtle reminders that sunscreen should be applied often and with extreme care (we ALL applied sunscreen regularly during our visit... strange burns developed none the less). We payed a short visit to Katie's mom and ended back at Krystal's, where we were treated to Barbecued Beef (a.k.a. burgers and hot dogs) and a show of bursting flames from the grill. We later discovered that Krystal's dad had turned the propane tank ALL THE WAY up, so our attempts to turn the grill control knobs to low were futile. Krystal surprised Katie and I with big earrings that she had found and bought for all three of us; we each got our own color and I'm determined to plan an occasion where we all wear them with matching outfits! After socializing on the back patio until about midnight, we said our goodbyes and went to our respective homes. 

Sunday ended my weekend. I volunteered at church this morning and after attended the second service. Rob delivered a wonderful message on how most of our prayer lives are busted and suggested a wonderful way in which to mend this break. Both of my parents attended service today along with Katie and I (yes... I am smiling).  Church was followed by an early birthday celebration at the in-laws house. Megan (sister in law) made me the cutest DIY bag which carried a BEAUTIFUL necklace from Otis B Jewelry. I later booked it up to my parents' house to check out the vegetable garden, chat, and eat dinner. Bonding time is very important to me!

I am now bringing this post to a close. Here's to a great weekend and a busy (but wonderful) birthday/work week ahead!

from jessie (b.)... with love

2 comments:

  1. "B" is for bloggerific barta and her brilliant birthday approaching!!!! i love you!!!

    p.s....this is a good tool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Early BIRTHDAY girly! I love your blogs post and im so sorry i dont post comments. We need to catch up SOON!
    Love yas!

    ReplyDelete