Monday, April 27

Sam the Cooking Guy


This has to be one of the best (if not THE best) cooking show on TV. But, as far as I know, very few people know of it. 

I was fortunate enough to stumble upon Sam the Cooking Guy one random Tuesday (on channel 15 of all stations) while flipping through TV shows after school. What caught my attention was the set and his persona. Sam, the host, was cooking in what appeared to be his kitchen and was seriously chatting it up with me, the viewer, as if we were just hanging out, goofing off, making good food. He also momentarily reminded me of Stu (the lead pastor at the church Scott and I attend, WEC). See for yourself...


Seriously?! SO COOL! I love what he has to say about his show on his website: The show is shot right in my house... I'm just a regular guy, using regular words showing how to cook easy, great food... Food that is 'big in taste and small in effort'. It's a handful of ingredients and a few steps- that's it. This is a cooking show "for the rest of us"...

I have tried out two of his recipes to date, BOTH of which have been repeated in this household. The jalepeno, cheddar, corn biscuits were a hit at community group as well as A.J.'s first birthday party. And the second recipe I tried, grilled caprese sandwitch, was so easy i made it right after watching the show without even referring to the recipe ( SO SO SO yummy). I WILL be trying out more of his recipes as the opportunities arise; this one will probably be next (or maybe this one, who knows!). 

from jessie (the blogging gal)... with love

1 comment:

  1. mmmmm jalepeno, cheedar, corn biscuits.... YUMMY!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete