Sunday, April 19

PASSING TIME... not gas

I planned on doing a tutorial post on "personalized birthday gift bags" this evening. But lo and behold... the camera that I took the pictures on is MIA (i have a sneaking suspicion that Scott took it to band practice with him once again). SOOOOOOOOO, here is a list of my weekend happenings:
  • discovered the the Captain George's Seafood closed down in Hampton (this was honestly a SHOCK... if there is any city in the 757 that can throw back some serious crab legs, it's HPT BABY! so weird)
  • took an adventurous ride up to Williamsburg and ate at the larger Captain George's Buffet (only around crab legs do Scott and I indulge ourselves so much!)
  • hung out with Jess and Danny (after the seafood feast) who refused to let us sit one minute without laughing (what kidders!)
  • discovered big dogs are pretty awesome (the animal, not the brand of clothing)
  • gave my sister in law Megan her birthday gift only to find that my in-laws bought her the SAME EXACT ONE!!! When they saw the original necklace (from briguysgirls) was gone, they asked the maker to create a new one. Not only that, but in a moment of clearance section blindness, I bought a purse I had told my mother-in-law I wanted for my birthday. And guess what....yep.... she had already bought it for me and had it waiting at her house to give me next week!!! oh... i felt so small. 
  • AJ, my nephew, turned 1 this weekend! I feel like looking at other peoples lives, more than looking at my own, makes me realize how much time has flown! 
  • discovered just how bad allergies can be! I literally slept with a tissue stuffed in my nose last night. After turning it RAW and RED from blowing it so much yesterday, touching it at all sent surges of pain through my body (maybe a bit dramatic... but it really was sore)
  • realized that Benadryl does NOT knock me out... not even close. Everyone is always so weary of taking it, but seriously had no effect on me, didn't even really help my allergies. sad but true
  • ate way too many carbs this weekend (not like I'm monitoring that or anything, i just know that I was WELL over my daily intake)
  • LOVE LOVE LOVE Agave Lemonade by SOBE Life Water... so yummy!
  • attended church today and got to sit next to my husband through the WHOLE service (this occurrence is truly few and far in-between)
  • had lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings (B-dubs?.... ridiculous name!!!) with fun friends bryan, kevin, kim, and dave. 
  • went shopping with scott. This always turns out rotten for me; I never find anything when I go shopping with him while he finds tons of things. grrrr
  • realized it get REALLY grumpy when on allergy medicine ( SO SORRY SCOOTER!)
There is the weekend in not-so-short detail. Hopefully I'll get a chance to post the tutorial monday or tuesday. What did you do this weekend?

from jessie (the red nosed pollen hater)... with love

2 comments:

  1. I did not know Captain George's shut down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :):) You are a great sister in spite of the whole birthday present mishap with mom.... I completely adore my necklace and AJ... well, lets just say that I put the special bag you made him in safe keepings in his box o' memories.


    sorry the drugs didn't help!!! if you need to return to my personal pharmacy to try something else, I've got like three or four other types of allergy medicine!

    ReplyDelete