Wednesday, April 22

CAR CLUTTER

My car has been trashy for quite awhile now. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a dirty or unorganized person (well... i don't TRY to be), so it really does bother me (kind of) when I get in my car and there is STUFF everywhere! I'm NOTORIOUS for heading out somewhere (especially my parents house) and bringing something to change into "just in case". This includes shoes, jackets, pants, and shirts. Rarely do I ever change into these items (or take them out of the care for that reason), so you would think I'd just stop dragging my closet along... but nope.  Between this habit and the other items I insist on dragging along with me, I accumulated quite a bit of clutter. 

Here is what I dragged out (okay... SOME of what I dragged out, some of which I left inside) of my car today:
  • four coffee mugs (two of which had tissues stuffed inside. i WILL clean them in HOT water)
  • two light jackets (one jean, one khaki)
  • two winter jackets 
  • two 8 packs of Veryfine brand juice (grape AND orange!)
  • a grass mat (the kind you take to the beach)
  • 3 bags worth of recycling (we live in an apartment, there is no recycling bin, i take them to a drop off location... defiantly more effort, but worth it!)
  • a tote bag containing...
  • one pair of black flats (mine)
  • one pair of black converse (scott's)
  • a plastic baggy full of paper trash
  • bed bath and beyond 20% off coupon
  • Searching for God Knows What by Donald Miller
  • 2 pairs of sunglasses (why couldn't I find EITHER ONE of these the other day when the sun was BLINDING me!)
  • a stack of star shaped post-it notes (neon orange even!)
  • make that 3 pairs of sunglasses (just found a pair in the tote bag pocket!)
  • snack sized baggy full of magnets (the kind you use for crafting)
  • (up until a week ago my back seat also sported...) a card table

There is definitely more than this in my car, but the remaining items are the ones that SHOULD be in there (i.e. umbrella and "emergency/accident" bag).  

In my defense, if i EVER get abandoned in my car away from civilization, I'm set! (can we say survivor woman?) I've got plenty of items to keep me warm, burn, collect food in, and eat. Macgyver could find ALL KINDS of items to use in my car! And this is how I convince myself it's okay to be lazy and just leave items in the car! 

Does anyone else have this problem?

from jessie (convicted car clutterer)... with love

1 comment:

  1. Yes. I always have too much junk in my van. Addy Lin packs a bag of her most important items every time we leave the house. She usually leaves all or most of these cherished items in the van upon leaving. Also, we usually have tons of coats and shoes in the van too. And with Addy Lin still having potty accidents, I try and keep extra clothes for her in there. We always have plenty of junk!

    ReplyDelete