Thursday, April 23

COLOR COMBOS

The office park/mega building across from our apartment complex has beautiful landscaping. It's not immediately noticeable or eye catching from the road, but often while I'm waiting my turn enter the flow of traffic I stare across to this area. A few weeks ago the cherry blossom trees started to bloom and light pink flowers were abundant. The morning after a long rain, the green green grass was complimenting this flowering cherry tree beautifully and it got me thinking about color combinations that hug my heart. I thought I would share some of those with you now.
  •  light pink (almost white) and true green
  •  vibrant yellow and hunter green
  •  teal and ruby red
  •  black and shadowy blue (light with hints of gray) 
  •  orange and silver

On the other hand, there are certain color combinations that bring a bad taste to my mouth. The reasons vary, but the reaction doesn't. 
  • purple and green (can we say Barney?)
  • red and yellow (my sister told me they remind her of ketchup and mustard, now I can't pair clothes together that contain those colors)
  • purple and red ( i just have a hard time accepting these colors together... no reason)
What color combinations do you love? or hate? Do share!!!

from jessie (coloring her world)... with love

3 comments:

  1. I think red and yellow reminds me of McDonald's! I think your color combos were lovely. I also enjoy brown with pink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Green and White simply because it's the Celtics colors. Any other time I like that combo but when I see it on their jersey I hate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Testing MOMMY

    ReplyDelete