Thursday, March 26

CLASSROOM CATASTROPHE


Maybe not QUITE a catastrophe, but close. Thank GOODNESS I arrive at school early to get my day ready before the students arrive because I walked into find the scene you see pictured here! My "Class Library" had toppled over and the shelf had broken into its various pieces. WHOA! Not quite the way I had pictured my day starting. 

Walking in to find this scene should have been a shock... but since the beginning of the year my students have been pretty rough on that $40 Target book shelf and you could see its battle wounds. For the past 4 weeks the shelf had been SLOWLY but SURLEY tilting to the side. This was an entertaining (and worrisome) sight because the top part remained erect while the bottom half created its tilted, parallelogram shape. Although these leanings were a DESPERATE cry from the Class Library for help, I keep ignoring the warning signs. One student even told me yesterday that her brother could fix it because he had tools... to which I replied, "That's nice, but I have tools too and I can fix it on my own just fine sweetie." Yes... laugh at me now! 

So I picked up the mangled pieces of my class library shelf and quickly cleared some space on my "built in shelves" for the "genre baskets". This set up will have to do for now, but if you have a STURDY, RELIABLE bookshelf you are attempting to rid yourself of, give me a call!


from jessie (bad librarian)... with love



NOTE: THANK YOU SO MUCH to EVERYONE who has been visiting my BLOG! I hope I am keeping you entertained. A SPECIAL THANKS goes out to those who have named themselves as "followers" (you have a special place in my heart). AND TO THOSE OF YOU WHO LEAVE COMMENTS... so much love!

5 comments:

  1. Yeah I would say thats pretty bad. Im not sure but I think my neighbor may have one for sale in our Garage sale. If she does Ill purchase it for you. (Guessing anything beats nothing, and since Im not the richest person, itll most likly be the same). If so Ill let you know and we can arrange a time to meet. If not I appologize for getting your hopes up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a CD shelf from Target that has been leaning for over a year. It's in bad shape. I know we are going to walk in one day and see all our CD's on the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tara OlsonMarch 27, 2009

    Your genre baskets look full and beautiful! Hope the rest of your day held less surprising events.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That must have been annoying to walk in and start your day to that mess! Ugh! Hopefully some new shelves will make themselves available to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...it finally happened

    ReplyDelete