Sunday, March 8

Serene Sunday

If I had to choose one word to describe my mood today it would be...CALM <3

Today was full of family time. Not only did I get to bring my mother to one of my favorite places on earth, Waters Edge Church, but we (along with Scott and Katie) were able to share in the joy of being in God's presence today! I spent a fantastic and relaxing afternoon with the Minter family: Mom and Dad Minter, Megan, Drew, A.J., and Leon. Everyone was in such an easy going mood today, and it made me feel calm... serene. 

And to top it all off, Scott and I had a GOOD, DEEP, SPIRITUAL discussion on the way home. As open as my husband is about ALL of his thoughts, beliefs and spirituality is not something we often discuss. SO... it felt REALLY WONDERFUL to open up and talk with him on the way home from his parent's today. Topic of our discussion: The Bible-How literally do we take the events detailed within? We discussed several points and agreed on a conclusion; amongst all the healthy debates you could have over the events detailed in the Bible, the most IMPORTANT belief that you can hold (and the one I feel is most vital to a relationship with God) is that Jesus died for our sins and defeated death! After that, God will work with you through your relationship with Him to understand all the other aspects of the Bible!

Today was a good day!

from jessie (contented)... with love 

No comments:

Post a Comment