Friday, March 20

Friday Night Insights

Here I am. It's Friday night and my young and vibrant self (I'm not too old to call myself that) is sitting at home, husband-less, listening to Viva La Vida and BLOGGING! Oh yeah... you don't have to tell me I'm cool (but you can if you want to)

Scooter is off for the night hanging out with Danny doing something he hasn't done in a long time: attending a local show. I'm so happy for him. Music is such a HUGE part of his life, WHY would I tell him not to go?! 

So that leaves me here... alone. Sure I could have called a friend, but I'm lazy and feel unimportant when it comes to "hanging out priorities". I feel as if most of my friends either have family obligations (children) or already made plans for their Friday Night! Katie was lovely enough to spend some time with me at the gym tonight hip-hopping (new verb?). Tomorrow, Sunday, and next weekend I will busy myself with plans and friends, but tonight, it is ME time. The most unfortunate part of my circumstance is that I am lacking any/all of the following items: oreos, thin mint cookies, ANY ice cream, pizza, and would a margarita be too much to ask for?

I took this chance at free time to watch a movie Katie loaned me called "American Teenager". It's like Breakfast Club... documentary style. Not the most amazing movie ever, but not horrible. Anyways, towards the end the "geek" starts talking about how much he's looking forward to college because THEN he can choose what he wants to be; THEN he can find a group to be accepted in. Although I enjoyed the window into the other stereotypes in the documentary, this moment in the film struck a chord with me. All this boy wanted to feel was loved. He wanted to be important to someone. And I don't feel like that's too tall of an order. 

I don't want anyone whom I encounter to EVER feel unimportant!

I think that this feeling stems from being loved by God and being part of a loving, thriving church community. Being a Christ-follower, and knowing that I am important, loved, and special in my own way makes me want to help others realize this too (although coming from a loving family and having great friends doesn't hurt either). I HAVE been made to feel unimportant before, and I NEVER want to make or allow anyone else to feel like this. Understandably, this is a lofty call. However, I will do all in my conscious ability to show others the love that I've been shown so that they might feel, if only for a moment, just how important, unique, and special they are too! This includes YOU too by the way!

So that was my Friday Night Insight which came to me in the middle of folding laundry ( I'm just CRAZY WILD over here!). Here's wishing you a fantastic and fulfilling weekend!

from jessie (saying "you, too, are special")... with love

1 comment: