Friday, March 6

IN a FRIDAY FUNK...kinda



I feel the need to really be a BLOGGER tonight and load all my "followers" down with the woes of my life. Okay...not the woes exactly, just thoughts on my mind. So sit back, and read, as we take a journey into my thoughts...

* BEING BETTER- Yes, being better. I feel sometimes (i.e. today) like I don't have the time to better myself and my actions, and that's no good. I'm working to kick this thought but old habits die hard. For example, my dad texted me yesterday about my mother's birthday. YESTERDAY, I picked up the text at school and promised myself I'd call him back. What did I do? I got distracted with a million other things and didn't call him until it hit me THIS MORNING. What does that look like to daddy-kins? Possibly that he and mommy are not priorities in my life? So not true. Example two, I have a student in my class (code name C ). He could benefit greatly from one on one help from me: me sitting by his side, keeping him focused, and taking him step by step through what he needs to do. But I'm unable to accommodate this need because I have 19 other students that require my one on one devotion and care as well. Being better is hard, and though I'm tryin....I'm dyin. ( too dramatic? oh well, I am a woman ) God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference!

* RHYTHM- So, my amazing friend katie and I take a hip-hop class on Friday nights. Not the most conveniently timed class, but fun none the less. SO...my assumption is that if you choose to attend a class titled "hip-hop", that you would realize rhythm and coordination might be a prerequisite. But I have learned, no...this thought does not cross some people's minds when choosing to attend. I've been amazed at how little coordination exists in the world (aka, the YMCA Yorktown)!!! Outside of professional dancers, dance has become a "bumping and grinding" club activity that requires little outside of gushing hormones. I say NO AMERICA...lose the bumping and grinding, and return to RHYTHM...rediscover DANCE! GOT RHYTHM? 

* CHOOSING BETWEEN THE BETTER OF THE BEST- As much as hip-hop class brings an unmistakable "grove" to my step, and bliss to my heart, it's on friday nights. Bad! I have found myself missing out on some activities recently due to my hip-hop hypnosis. ONE: Scott and I don't get a "date night" on fridays. This is a big deal when you consider that all week, he's either at class or studying for class. Fridays and Saturdays are really our only time together. Is it worth it to cut it short? TWO: parties and get-togethers! I have already had to turn down two party offers in the two months that I've been attending hip-hop. The saddest of which recently was Bethany P.'s invite to her Southern Living Party (sorry bethany). I would have loved the chance to make a new friend and attend, but I chose hip-hop. WHAT'S A GIRL TO DO? I clearly need to find some balance here. Dancing is like food for my soul, that food that you go out and eat and feel so special for partaking in! But my friends and loved ones are also food for my soul, but more like the home-cooked goodies that make you feel warm inside. What a conundrum! 

SO... that's MY post for tonight. Tomorrow's should be better... an easier read. But tonight, this is me. These are my thoughts. 


from jessie (befuddled)... with love 

No comments:

Post a Comment