Monday, March 30

Still Going Strong

Going on week 2, I'm still helping the healthy hubby go "Vaguely Veg"! It is honestly going really well and it's causing me to stretch my culinary abilities beyond "what ELSE can I make with chicken?" dishes. 

I wanted to share two recipes we attempted recently; the first recipe is Homemade Black Bean Veggie Burgers courtesy of AllRecipes.com (a personal haven of recipe goodness).  They were defiantly different to make, and they ended up tasting nothing like a burger (shocker!). WHY Scott and I imagined it would taste like biting into a juicy, char-grilled Chili's Burger, WHO KNOWS? What I do know is that after we got over the disappointment of them actually tasting like BLACK BEANS with veggies on a bun, they turned out to be pretty tasty! 



The Review of said burgers? Jessie says, "Now that I know what to expect, I'll eat them again, next week maybe." Scott says, "Not really what I wanted, but I'll eat it again, eventually."

The second recipe is one I made TONIGHT! It's a Rachel Ray recipe, and honestly, her meals are hit and miss for me. So... I wasn't quite sure what to expect from this one but I was willing to give it a try: Tortellini with Spinach Walnut Pesto. I've heard before that spinach and walnuts in a "pesto" mix are healthy alternatives to the usual basil and pine nuts, so the recipe didn't seem to far fetched. Surprise to me... the recipe yields SO MUCH FOOD! Definitely recommend cutting the recipe in half. Half the recipe made enough for both of us to eat our fill (we are not small people!) and make two leftover tupperware containers for lunch tomorrow. WAY MORE THAN enough! 
The Review of RECIPE 2? Scott says, "Is there enough for me to take some for lunch tomorrow? Good Stuff!" Jessie says, "The 'pesto' mix alone is grassy, but once everything is all together, YUMMO!" (yeah... I went there). 

So there you go, two new "vaguely veg" recipe reviews for ya! If you have any recommendations, please feel free to leave them in the comments section. Speaking of which... THANK YOU EVERYONE for the response to my blog here recently! I feel so loved!


from jessie (veggie-vore)... with love 

2 comments:

  1. you're so cute! i think the pasta looks yummy...can i come over and do taxes again so i can get summa dat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can come over and NOT DO TAXES and just get somma dat cause i love you friend!

    ReplyDelete