Wednesday, March 25

Taxes and a Video

These two things have NOTHING to do with one another, but I'm killing two birds with one stone (so to speak) with tonight's post. 

FIRST BIRDIE- The Fantastic, Wonderful, Oh-So-Knowledgeable, Helpful Katie came over tonight after we hit up the gym and played "tax lady" for Scott and I. As an educated, married couple, Scott and I are not ashamed to say we are tax illiterate. When he and I sat down to file MY tax return last year it ended in tears and midnight phone calls to parents (seriously). So this year we would have used a tax service, but the one we had planned on using had some shady aura about it; and since Katie had boasted about how EASY it was for her to file her taxes on her own, we sent out our S.O.S.! We did it with no tears and no distressed phone calls. Friends in the know (especially KATIE friends) just ROCK!!! She did our TAXES for FREE (well... I fed her some yummy food, so it works out). Thanks Katie. 

SECOND BIRDIE- While web surfing through my frequented blogs, I ran across a post about this video. I've never heard of the artist, Oren Lavie, but I couldn't resist watching a good video. It is so creative. The other blogger referenced the awesome freshness of the OK GO video (the one the uses the treadmills) when describing the inspired and creative nature of this video. Let me know what you think (and watch it all the way through!). 




from jessie (very efficient)... with love

4 comments:

  1. Well for the first birdie I have to confess Amanda and I have people. Not sure were you were going to go but H&R Block did our taxes really well for the last three years. But hey they aren't free either.

    For the second video. It was Awesome. I liked it alot. Sometime I wonder if I could do something like that or not. But I usually decide on not caring to do it. HMMM Maybe oneday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a friend do our taxes, but we pay him a little something. It's cheap, but it's something.

    That video is way creative. I love creative ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE YOU ...and your good ol' home-cookin'!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that video! It was super creative and very entertaining. And speaking as the wife of a Video Maker, I can only imagine how many hours the maker of that video put into it! Wow.

    ReplyDelete