Monday, March 2

snow far, snow good

HORRAY! I got a PHONE CALL at 5:20 am this morning. Let me pause there. That is quite early. Normally, I would not be okay with this, but the information contained within said phone call was just what I was hoping for...
SNOW DAY <3


Two major perks of being employed as a teacher are that snow days and summer breaks still apply to your life! There is definitely plenty of hardship and headache to be had dealing with a school full of all types of children ranging from ages 5 to 12, but some days make all that headache go away. Today IS one of those days. 


Here in Virginia we are not often treated to snow days, so here is my plan of attack to take full advantage of my unplanned day off:

 * sit...do nothing for atleast 30 minutes
* make pancakes for Scott and I before he has to go to work 
 * work on the this week's lesson plans that I didn't do yesterday
 * post another blog
* tackle a sewing project (maybe...maybe not)
 * read a book (David Sedaris maybe?)

However, my ULTIMATE GOAL is to enjoy the snow that we so RARELY see here on Virginia's Hampton Roads Peninsula! What are you doing during this snow day? Did "the man" make you go into work during regular time? Was he kind enough to let you go in a few hours late? Or, did you (like me) get a small break from the long work week and receive a free day off? If so, what are you going to do with your day? Please share, maybe we can inspire one another with our snow day activities. 

So until then, enjoy yourself! Take a moment to step outside (and I mean a moment!It's COLD), take a deep breath of the fresh, cold air, and say "Thank you Lord for giving me a reason to stop and admire your beautiful creation!"

from jessie (snow bunny)...with love

2 comments:

  1. I'm off too - it's a Christmas miracle...or at least a snow miracle :o) Enjoy your extra weekend day! (don't go to the gym..that's considered work too). love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. no gym for me today...instead i went to walgreens to buy zicam ad oreos! just the opposite of the gym. now its time for a nap. you should do the same (the nap part that is!) LOVE YOU TOO!

    ReplyDelete