Monday, March 2

mini basket

So far, I've managed to use my snow day productively.  After cooking breakfast pancakes for the hubby and I, I got going on a fabric basket that I found the other day. With just a few scraps from the trusty "tupperware-o-fabric" and the ability to follow directions, I DID IT! (see picture)

Although the directions provided in the tutorial were FANTASTIC, I think I failed to realize the sizing scale of said basket. My original thoughts were... "OOOO...something to use underneith the coffee table to hold my scrapbooks and magazines". After making the basket my thoughts are... "ahhhh...something to hold my keys when I come in the door". Needless to say, it's definatly a mini basket! 

Despite my disappointment in its size, the mini basket was a great way to use up small pieces of fabirc ( there was not a single piece that measured over 10" x 12"). I might make this in the future to hold a collection of items for a birthday present (bath and body works eat your heart out!). 

For anyone who cares to know, a rotary cutter and quilting mat would make this project go much quicker next time through (hey...look at that...another gift idea!). I think for my next project I'll try this  tote-able towel. 

What would you store in a basket this small? 

from jessie (seamstress)...with love


No comments:

Post a Comment