Tuesday, March 31

Bag Lady

This is how I entered my home today... 5 bags in tow!


I'm not sure if anyone else is wondering, but seriously... WHY 5 BAGS?!? I asked myself this question and could come up with logical answers for carrying each, but the total amount still seemed unreasonable. Here is the breakdown:
  1. School Bag - contains my computer, other odds and ends (i.e. a stuffed animal given to me by a student to pass along to MY mother for her birthday), yet no papers for grading (even though I have a PILE waiting for me on my desk at school!)
  2. Lunch Bag - self explanatory. School lunches STILL scare me (ask me and I'll share my traumatic, and only, experience with lunch food with you)
  3. Gym Bag - go to the gym with El Scooter on Tuesday and Friday mornings. Girls just require more to get ready (especially if I'm expected to look PRESENTABLE for work)
  4. Grocery Bag - the infamous "stop" had to be made at the grocery store today to buy goodies for community group. Didn't mind at all... but it did add to my load.
  5. Purse - never leave home without it. Has several necessary, and a few unnecessary, items inside
Suggestions please! Was there really any way to eliminate this baggage? I feel like I carried my life necessities around with me today. I either need suggestions on how to par down my entourage of items or a fancy shopping cart as my new accessory. Does anyone else have this issue?

from jessie (bag lady in waiting)... with love 

4 comments:

  1. Rick just teased me about this the other day when I had my purse, tote bag and laptop bag over his house for a 3 or 4 hour visit. I have come to the conclusion that I am ridiculous and need entirely too much stuff to travel anywhere. I think we go from infant (where we need everything we own) and then our stuff decreases until we reach adolescence when it continues to go up because the bags have gotten cuter and we must have our lip gloss and our laptop with us at all times. All that to say - I feel your pain girl but when you need your stuff, you need your stuff! At least the bags we have now are cuter than our diaper bag of yesteryear! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got nothing for ya. Well maybe a little something...
    wear your gym clothes under your clothes for work, put your lunch in your pocket, buy groceries online so they can be delivered to your CG. Now you are only left with your purse. Think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A more reasonable idea. And take it as you may but it has seem to work for me. First let me explain my bags (no i dont carry a purse). But I was going to school, work, and the Gym. So heres what I did. I went to the store and bought a back pack that has two compartments. I put my gym clothes in the back and my work and school in the front. This includes books and laptop. Its a little heavy (15lbs I weighed it once) but on both shoulders I can still carry the groceries and my Blues uniform in my hands while everything else is on my back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. you can also add some of your purse stuff to the very front pocket (where kids put markers and pens)in there and carry a smaller purse.

    ReplyDelete