Sunday, March 29

It's SUNDAY!


This weekend was a much deserved "lazy weekend" for me! THANK GOODNESS! As part of every weekend (lazy or otherwise), Scott and I visit one set of parents on Sunday for lunch and family time. This Sunday it was my parents' turn for a visit. However, I went solo today because Scott was performing his volunteer duties for Water's Edge (good job baby!). 

Mom came to today's service with me so I wouldn't have to sit alone (not that I'd ever be alone at church... I'd totally force my company onto one of my Community Group buddies). After the awesome service, I followed her up to "the property", aka "Beechtree Hill", which is more popularly known as "Mom and Dad's New Place". We spent our day ordering a wedding book online, sharing food, soaking up the sun on the front porch, and just walking around the land generally enjoying one another's company. Here are some pictures to document our day: 





To top it all off, I COOKED DINNER! After going Vaguely Vegetarian all week with Scooter (which has been refreshing), I decided to cook a dish with meat in it, italian sausage to be exact. I knew my dad was a sucker for pasta, so I whipped up some Penne Vodka and mom helped with the salad. It got two thumbs way up from both parents! 


Although I'm not REALLY ready for Monday to be upon me, I think I'm okay with it this week. I've got a wonderful rested weekend behind me and spring break ahead of me on the horizon (one more week!). So here's to great weekends!

from jessie (rested and relaxed)... with love 

3 comments:

  1. Do teachers get paid spring breaks? Just wondering I vaguely (I really cant spell) remember my teachers at the school during spring break. I remember this and I was at school because that was the closest place to play any sport safely any time. Including Nights and weekends and summers when teachers werent always around. Just wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a lovely weekend! And dinner looked fabulous!

    ReplyDelete